In just two years. Remember the election in 2006? Thought you might like to be aware of the following:
A little over one year ago:
1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high;
2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon;
3) The unemployment rate was 4.5%.
Since voting in a Democratic Congress in 2006 we have seen:
1) Consumer confidence plummet;
2) The cost of regular gasoline soar to over $3.95 a gallon;
3) Unemployment is up to 5.5% (a 25% increase);
4) American households have seen $2.7 trillion in equity value evaporate
(stock and mutual fund losses);
5) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $1.5 trillion dollars;
6) 3% of American homes are in foreclosure.
America voted for change in 2006, and BOY did we get it!
Remember it's Congress that makes law not the President. He has to work
with what's handed to him.
Quote of the Day........'My friends, we live in the greatest nation in
the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me as we try to
change it. ' -- Barack Obama
Mexico: What I Wore
4 weeks ago